This Is About PT Platinum Ceramics Industry
Advanced technology and imported machinery, including Robotic Applications, Continuous Mills, Laser Engraved Rotocolor Printers, Laser Guided Vehicles and other instruments, have developed PCI into a consistent, strong and efficient company. With those basic instruments, the company can produce many products with high quality and many designs. PCI is also supported by Design and Development Center, Laboratory and Engineering Support, and IT infrastructure.
One of the success factors of PCI is the human resources. Supported by creative, professional team work, and advanced technology, PCI has developed into a company that manufactures many ceramic products with the sense of art. To keep its position as a trend setter company in Indonesia, PCI’s employees are sent regularly to participate in many overseas training programs, for example ceramic exhibitions in Italy and Spain. Based on this condition, the company can be prepared to compete with many world class companies in the future.
The certificate of ISO 9001:2000 has proven PCI as a high quality and efficient manufacturing company, to generate customer satisfaction.
The main objective of PCI is to generate costumer satisfaction. The company will always gives the best service to the customers and tries to handle all complaints wisely. The company has developed strategic marketing program to increase the customer and business partner’s buying power. In order to serve the customers, many showrooms have been opened in many cities, like Jakarta, Surabaya, Bandung, and Semarang.
PCI’s products are distributed throughout Indonesia, and exported up to 5 continents. To reach global market, PCI continues to search new markets and extended its distribution channel.
I. ASIA TILE
ASIA TILE is one of our brands for high quality ceramics, with the highest precision in size, color and motif. In our product range, the beautiful motif and colors reflect your artistic and modern lifestyle.
ASIA TILE ceramics have special broad-spectrum designs that highly suitable for interior and exterior.
Platinum is the most prominent brand that has outstanding recognition for its superior quality and designs. It reflects consumer’s taste of modern and artistic lifestyle. We deliver selected motifs in random designs to add more natural looks.
If you consider quality and design are the most important things, then PLATINUM series are the answer.
TIPS & GUIDANCE:
- 1. Choosing Ceramics Tile
In order to get satisfying and durable result, you should take into account the tiles function and its situated environment.
- Load and friction factor on the floor
Ceramic tiles with glossy surfaces are more suitable for home interiors, because they have less resistant from friction than coarse surfaces. For public places such as department stores, public services etc, more coarse tiles are strongly advised. These tiles have more resistant with friction and so less slippery.
- The tiles environment: located on walls, floors, bathrooms, or special areas such as pools, cooler rooms, laboratories, or workshops. The tiles surface should be well suited to its environment.
- Load and friction factor on the floor
- Color, Motif, and Tile Size Determination
- Everyone has different tastes in Color, Motif, and Size, but when choosing the appropriate tile you should consider room color, lighting intensity, size, and function of this room.
- For final consideration, it’s better to try with several tiles rather than just one piece, so you can predict the final view before tile installation. For better example you can visit to our showroom.
- Color determination, motif, and ceramics size can impact the rooms’impression by making it more or less spacious. It can change the rooms’ nuance like neat, proud, clean, fun etc. It is better to you consult with your architect or visit our showroom for product consultation.
- Selecting Material for Tile Installation
- To do the installation, you can apply with concrete that contain sand and cement or other adhesive material. The material composition is 1 part of cements, 4 to 6 parts of sand for floor, and 2 to 4 parts of sand for wall. The addition of latex can make better adhesive power and mixing flexibility.
- For grouting, you can use concrete that contains 2 part of cement and 1 part of refined sand, or you can also use ready used grouting material (with raw material is cement, epoxy, polyurethane, silicon, etc.
- Flexible joints. They should be chosen from waterproof material and compressible.
- Installation System
Basically, there are two installation systems, installation with fine grout (closed joint, less than 3 mm) and installation with wide grout (open joint, 5 to 10 mm), before applying these two systems; you should consider several things:
- Installation with wide grout give more flexibility for floor surface, especially if it will fill with other flexible material.
- Installation with wide grout can tolerate the size difference of ceramics tile if any.
- The filling process is easier and smoother for tile that applied wide systems.
- Installation ceramics tile with wide grout is more thrift in its flexible joint. The margin/distance size for flexible joints is recommended:
- For inside:
- Wide grout, flexible joint every 6-10 meter.
- Small grout, flexible joint every 4-6 meter.
- For out side
- Wide grout, flexible joint every 3-5 meter
- Small grout, flexible join every 2-3 meter.
- For inside:
We propose you to install flexible joints around the floor, which border on the wall and floor itself. The width of flexible joint is 6 for 10 mm; depend on its spacer size. The flexible joint must reach to the adhesive concrete. If there are flexible joints on the floor, tile flexible join must apply over this.
- Floor Tile Installation
- The floor where ceramic tiles will be installed should be free from dust, oil, or other litter/soiled material, which can affect the sticky power of adhesive concrete.
- Soak ceramics tile in the clean water for 2-4 hours, so the tiles don’t absorb moisture from the adhesive layer. Then decrease excess water by standing the tiles in a vertical position. Water absorption from the binding layer can affect the sticky power of adhesive layer.
- Prepare material to make an adhesive concrete with mix 1-part cements with 4 to 6 part of sand (or use the ready tile adhesive material). Don’t give to much water. If you see a puddle in this concrete mix, it is the sign of too much water.
- Spread out this adhesive concrete on the floor, 2 to 5 cm thickness. For ground floor, soil must be compacted first, then layer waterproof material and impellent layer. For large floors or floors for heavy loads, better bond the impellent layer. For installations using special tile adhesive, spread the mixture using special plaster tool, such as kape which has teeth on the surface and keep spreading until it reaches 2-10 mm thick (depends on the type of the adhesive and the surface level).
Generally, using adhesives in tile installations need an intermediary layer to spread out the floor surface, with 2-3 cm thickness.
Caution : For the best result, always read the adhesive instructions. For example, there are some adhesives that cannot be mixed with water, so do not soak the ceramics beforehand.
- For the cement adhesive layer, you can sprinkle scatter dry cement to increase the adhesive power of the tiles.
- Before placing the tiles, check the surface level, the straightness of the grout path, the width of the grout, the position of the flexible joint & its width. Also, the arrangement of the tiles should be decided beforehand. After the tiles have been placed to their position, tap and push slowly with rubber/wood hammer in order to level the tiles flat, also stick them properly.
- Fill the grout with special grout material or a mixture of 2 parts of cement to 1 part refined sand. Add water generously. Do this process several days after the tile has been placed, but make sure that the grout lines are safe from dirt. The use of flexible grout material will be beneficial for the floor tiles flexibility.
- Clean the mess caused by the grout off the tile surface. Adhesive layer should harden by time, not dried out.
- Ceramic tiles do not need finishing. Therefore, ceramic tiles application should be applied after any construction works to avoid them from damage.
- For the first 3-4 days cover the tiles with boards/cartons. Let them dry out properly. However, the floor will be at its full strength after 1 month.
- Wall Tile Installation
- Check the straightness of the wall surfaces and adjust if necessary.
- The walls where the tiles will be applied should be clean form dust and dirt, which can affect the sticky power of concrete adhesive layer.
- Soak the tiles in clean water for 2-4 hours, so later the tiles will not absorb too much water from adhesive layer. Then drain them by arranging this tile in a standing position. Water absorption from binding layer can affect the sticky power of the adhesive layer
- To make adhesive concrete, mix 1 part of cements with 4 to 6 part of sand (or use the ready use adhesive material). Do not give too much water. If you see puddle in this mixture, it is the sign of too much water.
- Moist the wall, then spread the adhesive concrete in 0.5 to 1 cm thickness. Let it dry overnight. It should become harder the next day. Moist the tile and spread the adhesive on the back of the tile, then place it to wall individually and starting from the bottom to the top. If you use ready use adhesive, you can apply it directly or depending on the instructions.
- Note: if you use special adhesive that cannot be mixed with water, don’t wet/soak the floor, and don’t soak the tiles. Please read the instruction from the manufacturer carefully.
While placing the tiles, pay attention to the level, straightness, tile layout, grout width, flexible join position and flexible joint width. Tap and push slowly with rubber or wood hammer in order to get perfect binding from the tiles and adhesive concrete beneath. Tiles level should be straight and the adhesive concrete must not filled the grout line.
- Fill the grout with special grout material or a mixture of 2 part cements with 1 part of refined sand and water. For best result, fill the grout after a few days but make sure no dirt gets into the grout. The use of flexible grout material will be beneficial for the wall tiles flexibility.
- Clean the mess caused by the grout off the tile surface. Keep the tile surface away from direct sunlight and rainwater. Adhesive layer should be hardened, not dried out.
- Ceramic tiles do not need finishing. Therefore ceramic tiles application should be applied after any construction works to avoid them from damage.
- Why Ceramics Tile Come Out from Their Base
Ceramic tiles come out from their base because of several reasons:
- The tiles swell because of too much water absorption.
Limit of swelling has been determined by EN (Europe standard) 0.06% and in ceramic tile usually have range about 0.01 to 0.05%.
Tile released because water absorption usually occurs several days after installation, because tiles absorb water form adhesive concrete.
- Tile swelling because of heat.
Tiles expand due to heat, and the limit of expansion is given by EN is 0.0009% per C and its less than concrete, but the problem is ceramics receive heat first from concrete (batter on beneath), and its effects for exterior of tile.
- Concrete shrinking.
As we know from the curing process, concrete shrinks. The biggest shrinking occurs around the first 3 months since concreting, but this process can still continue for a longer period.
- Floor deformation.
Floor deformation is normal as long as not exceedingly. Deformation occurs because load of itself or working load, movement of floor foundation, effect of earthquake, and wind pressure (in high building).
Deformation can make compression on floor surface because the tile characteristic is not compressible, so if the binder between tile and layer beneath is not strong enough, this tile will be lifted and released.
- Quality of tile installation.
Installation with bad concrete, not spread enough, will decrease adhesive power of concrete and cause tiles to be released.
- Ceramics tiles that were applied with closed joints will break more easily than open joints.
For large floors, it is recommended to use flexible joints on the boundaries between floor and wall and every 2 – 3 meters (outer part) or 4 -6 meters (inner part), with 6- 10 mm width.
- The tiles swell because of too much water absorption.
BRANCH OFFICES Jakarta :
Jl.Mangga Dua Raya Blok E No. 4-5
Komp. Ruko Agung Sedayu
Telp : (62-21) 6016450 (hunting)
Fax : (32-21) 6016546
Jl. Panglima Polim No.71A
Telp : (62-21) 7206069
Fax : (62-21) 7244559
Komp Pertokoan dan Perkantoran Jurnatan Stand D22-23
Telp. (62-24) 3544459 (hunting)
Fax. (62-24) 3515513
Kantor Pusat & Showroom
Jl. Ambengan I/O
Telp : (62-31) 5354661 (Hunting Showroom )
(62-31) 5470152 (Hunting Marketing )
(62-31) 5312358 (Hunting Corporate)
Fax : (62-31) 5312362 (Corporate)
(62-31) 5318037 (Marketing)
HOTLINE NUMBER : (62-31) 5477576
Jl. Soekarno Hatta No. 718 Bandung
Telp : (62-22) 7806600 (hunting)
Fax : (62-22) 7803525
Denpasar – Bali :
Jl. Gatot Subroto Barat No. 86 Krobokan, Badung-Bali
Telp : (62-361) 427 564
Fax : (62-361) 427 628